Wednesday, August 31, 2005

MQ Gala Dinner 2004

WORK PORTFOLIO
Min Quan (MQ) Gala Dinner Invitation 2004

This was a freebie job for a Min Quan charity gala event with Nick Broomfield. They hosted a special screening of Traces of a Dragon: Jackie Chan and his Lost Family by Mabel Cheung. I also hooked them with my pal Umpha, and his friend helped them out with their 35mm film screening.

Their budget was non-existent so I designed something simple but straight-to-the-point for their A5 invitation. Red + white like the Red Cross organisation. Invitation at the front continues in the same soft font same soft language as the back Thank You. I find too often, charity organisations are too in-your-face, people tend to be more generous when it's subtle rather than being shoved what is intended as a guilt-trip.

(invite front)

(invite inside: top + bottom, with blank space for the Chinese text typesetting)

(invite back)

Footnote: Unfortunately one of those things that puts me off is internal bitching. When some people have to resort to such low tactics and lies to get ahead, I ask myself – is this really a place I want to help even if it was a charity organisation? I hope for the sake of the people they are helping, that the other people who are working hard doing positive work, that it will count at the end of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home