Wednesday, December 19, 2007

RRAAM

Client: RRAAM
(short for: Reproductive Rights Advocacy Alliance of Malaysia)
Brief: Letterhead for an NGO. Essentially the focus is on reproductive rights, but with specific emphasis on abortion rights. They originally wanted a simple letterhead but I spent a few hours of my time to come up with a logo that could represent their ideals, and a letterhead to support that.

OK so I don't know a lot about reproductive rights, abortion rights in Malaysia (possibly very little or non-existent) but I had floating in my mind these concepts: male & female sex symbols interlinked, shared responsibility, and the all-important seed (in orange) within that union. The seed could denote planting a seed about an open non-discriminatory mindset, the hopeful brighter future, or simply protecting the right to privacy. The greyish blue (gun metal grey) frame is quite indicative of the framework you have to constantly work at. And then the white space is the focus ie the words you have to say ... it's in plain and simple, black and white - I envision Courier or New Courier (typewriter font) which every PC and Mac will have.

Ideally printing at the back of the letterhead in reverse/mirror image. So when you hold up to the light you see the whole picture. The orange dot is printed on the front.

OK so they won't have a lot of money to play with 2 colour printing. And I still have to think how to make a workable e-version in MS Word given its software limitations for layouts.

Anyways have sent this draft and rationale to them. If they don't like it or it's too far-fetched for them or I've completely missed the mark ... then for me, it was a good design exercise. Although I should really be spending the time to update my accounts for the taxman! (why do I feel suppressed like Amy Winehouse ... Cathy Dennis' Sunday Afternoon in the background) *whip in hand, back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home