Thursday, November 02, 2006

Page Flipper

This is a Page Flip exercise.My first proper effort at using Flash for a practical reason. Thank God for Open Source coding!

Here's the link.
Click at the edges to make page curl and turn over. Have fun! Coder is credited. If you experience problems loading ... I am about to add to the page flipper a few extras, then put it on a proper site.

I wanted to add user interactivity to the Xpres magazine but had no idea how. I mean, I understand the big picture and its theory but having not jumped on the web bandwagon, I lacked the technical know-all. So I embarked on this learning curve for a couple of days, to see how well I could do given my aging brain with its stumpy synapses. With the help of open source coding, of course.

This concept of open source development fascinates yet frightens me. A computer techie about a month ago, challenged me to try it as we argued intellectually about the merits and copyright of photographs. What about attributing credit to the right person, shouldn't it be the least one can do to acknowledge the work, if not donate/contribute to its development? But at what point does one quantify originality, yet we know most things we have was built on someone else's sweat, and that person built on the work of another person before. I must admit I am still undecided about which camp to belong to ... it probably depends which part of the production line I am at.

Looks like blogger.com has maintenance happening, it's taking ages to upload grr so I shall do this at a later time. Thanks for looking, 'guv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home