Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Easy Busy Cheapy 2004

WORK PORTFOLIO
Easy Busy Cheapy (EBC)
Graduation film at London Film School (LFS)

The idea was based on this poster that I worked with Thana, my advertising genius classmate at Central St Martins, way back in 1998. He was the one who coined the catchphrase, that became my film title.
Hit on the idea when we were having dinner one day.

Wong Kei Restaurant is arguably the rudest Chinese restaurant in London Chinatown. We thought hey that would be great to capitalise on that quality as their unique selling point (USP). I had always wanted to make it onto film, even if it means it was made several years later. I also had three more instalment ideas but the final year film project budget was just enough for one film to be made.

(videoclip to come)

(print ad)

(still frame from the film)
Mind you, not easy to carve the words onto a solid block.


(production still)
Nic Stratton-Castoro, my producer, also as one of the main characters.

(crew on location)
Here we are trying to figure out how to overcome a problem in motion stop-frame.


Links:
Raindance East 2004,
Raindance+Tiscali web presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home